July 6, 2011

July Woes


We're home from another several day trip and I am dreading the month ahead.

I can't believe it, July is already here and to be honest, reality is starting to get the best of me!  For the first time ever, our Summer schedule is bursting at the seam; the culminating event being our 2000+ mile move across the country. I can handle friend vacays, spending time in California with family, and attending weddings, but shoving my house into a box(es) gives me anxiety.

Since we started planning our move, July has been the month for sifting, donating, and packing all of our stuff. Unfortunately, both the Colorado trip and the long awaited family wedding have come and gone and it is July 6th.  The Movers will be here early the morning of August 8th which gives me about a month to pack this place up.

I don't know what's more daunting... packing our house in a total of 30 boxes or realizing how much stuff we've accumulated.

On a more level-headed note, I snapped this picture from my my phone at the onset of last nights thunderstorm. It truly was the most vibrant rainbow I have ever witnessed and the best way to return home. Life is good!

sift. donate. pack. repeat...

2 comments:

  1. Moving is so daunting! Seriously, I would give away or sell anything that you don't use on a regular basis. You can always buy something again if you discover you really need it. Good luck with your cross-country trek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Bree, I feel your pain! (Or at least I did around this time last year.) I wish I could help! Good luck...you can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete