October 12, 2011

We Miss Our People

Minus the Millers and Longs
I'm long overdue for some commentary around these parts. I'm back.

We've been in DC for almost two months and things are pretty fantastic,  but we miss our friends terribly.  More than they probably know.  Not to say that we don't love the people we've met here but it's just different.  We don't live the care-free, spend-every-night-of-the-week-with-our-friends, Provo lifestyle anymore.  There's no more texting my besties every late afternoon with "what are we doing tonight?" "your house or mine?"

And it doesn't help that the local Top 40 radio station plays this song every time I'm in the car.


I get nostalgic thinking of the night we blasted the anthem music video at Drew and Kerri's while we idiotically tried to teach each other the shuffle.  Needless to say, none of us had enough swag to really look cool.  Dare I say that the only "cool" one was the person who decided to sit on the sideline and watch (he will remain nameless).

I miss the Provo life.

3 comments:

  1. Are you kidding me?! Having that song come on the radio is the ONLY thing that gets me through the day. Every other minute of my day the Party Rock Anthem isn't playing in my ears everything is a tint of grey.

    Oh Provo party people, how I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha we seriously reminisce (sp??) evvvvery time we hear this on the radio. Which is like 25 times a day in Miami aka party central. Lets reunite sooooon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can completely relate to how you are feeling. We felt the same way when we moved to Florida. We still feel that way!! There is just something different.

    ReplyDelete