August 8, 2011

762 miles in two days

As if we haven't been all over the place this summer, we headed down to Las Vegas last weekend to meet up with my parents. They were kind enough to meet us there (the halfway point between Provo and Seal Beach) to hand off a few pieces of furniture for us to take with us to DC.

Las Vegas has never been a choice destination for me because, lets be honest, I'm a stone-cold sober sista, with no desire to gamble.  Howeverrrr, I do love to be an eyewitness at any good party scene (go figure), so you can imagine my contentment as we walked up and down Las Vegas Blvd.











1. Dad and Kevin wear coordinating blues
2. People say I look like my mom, is it true?
3/4: Mom found this awesome Tapas restaurant where we indulged in some pretty bomb appetizers.
5. The long line and $10 price tag for frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity was enough to deter us. Is it really that good? We just sat outside instead.
6/7: Sunday morning brunch at the hotel was stellar!
8. 10 hrs. in the car was a breeze thanks to this AWESOME (i repeat, AWESOME) audio book.
9. Have I mentioned how much I despise the drive through Southern Utah?

1 comment:

  1. Love the update!!! Glad to see you are moving along with the help - and I went shopping at savers yesterday and found the coolest little leather bag with this great wood handle (I thought of you, and that you might appreciate it as only a fellow shopper can :)

    Come visit soon!!

    ReplyDelete